Head of Managed Care
Commercial & Business Development
At ALRT, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. We are searching for an experienced Managed Care Lead to run the United States Managed Care Team. The person will have proven success in managed care contracting and negotiation skills to drive access in the U.S. A strategic thinker will work closely with the Head of Sales in the US to implement the Sales and Marketing Plan. This person will report directly to the Head of Global Commercial and Business Development.
- Gaining and retaining product formulary access for ALRT current product portfolio
- Increasing profitability by growing market share and managing expenses through strategic planning, leadership, and coordination with Marketing and Sales
- Maximizing opportunity to drive pull and push through sales
- Participating in the strategic and financial planning, include rebate tracking, S&OP, PLAN, LBE, and LRP
- Managed Care contracting and sales to MCOs, PBMs, and State Medicaid Programs
- Overseeing execution of sales support activities and is knowledgeable of the core marketing responsibilities and key business processes
- Managing those responsible for analysis, planning, and implementation of tactical plans.
- Overall performance of all ALRT Managed Care Sales including:
1. Prospecting, recruiting, interviewing, and hiring the best person to fill positions
2. Training Managed Care Sale in all aspects
3. Recommending income levels
4. Retaining key talent, and when necessary, recommending disciplinary action or termination
- Manage and develop ALRT Managed Care Sales including strategic account management, P&L analysis and recommendations, and account management skill development
- Complete understanding of all applicable compliance guidelines and ensures adherence to Managed Care Sales
- Establish Goals and monitor progress toward the Goals; establish priority of objectives
- Motivate assigned Managed Care Sales maximize performance and maintain a proper attitude toward their job, company, and customers
- Conduct annual performance evaluations of assigned direct reports and award annual salary increases
- Partner and collaborate with Marketing team on strategy development and tactical execution
- 10+ years minimum experience in Medical Device/Human Sales and Managed Care and Sales Leadership
- Prior healthcare experience (in vitro diagnostic, medical device, pharmaceutical, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Science, or related field
- In-depth knowledge of managed care marketplace
- Experience in health care sales and marketing
- Experience health care sales and marketing
- Sales management experience or equivalent
- Formulary access and/or policy and reimbursement experience supporting launch of new products
- MBA (Preferred)
Core Skills & Competencies
- Excellent managerial skills and leadership experience including P&Ls and strategy setting
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent business and communication skills
What we offer at ALRT
you can have a good job that can grow into a great career
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities. ALRT is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
ALR Technologies is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
About ALR Technologies
ALR Technologies is a data management company that developed the ALRT Diabetes Solution, a comprehensive approach to diabetes care that includes: an FDA-cleared and HIPAA compliant diabetes management system that collects data directly from blood glucose meters and continuous glucose monitoring devices; a patent pending Predictive A1C algorithm to track treatment success between lab reports and an FDA-cleared Insulin Dosing Adjustment program. Currently, the Company is focused on diabetes and will expand its services to cover other chronic diseases anchored on verifiable data.
In addition, the animal health division has identified an unmet need in diabetes care and has developed a solution to assist veterinarians in determining the effectiveness of insulin and helping to identify the appropriate dose and frequency of administration for companion animals. Thus, delivering the same optimization of diabetic drug therapies to pets as to humans.